I was recently asked by one of our users: “What can businesses do to make sure they connect with the right partners?” My answer: “Make sure that you are clear about your business strategy.” When businesses are clear about their goals, the customers they serve, and what they stand for, they are more likely to find partners who can help them grow. This may seem overly simplistic, but in practice, getting strategic clarity requires businesses to look deeply within themselves and to make tough choices.
In Collaborate.Biz, the first step to find and attract the right partners is to complete a strong Business Profile for your company. When you take the time to build a complete Business Profile, you help prospective partners more easily understand what you need from them, but also, what you can offer them. Strong Business Profiles can also help reveal hidden opportunities for collaboration, helping you find partners even in different industries or geographies.
So how do you write a strong business profile in Collaborate.Biz? It might help to look at a couple of Collaborate.Biz members, to see how they do it.
To access the Business Profile page:
- Sign On to Collaborate.Biz with your username (usually your email) and your password
- Select your business from the ‘My Businesses’ page
- From the main menu at the top, click My Biz -> Profile – This will open your Business Profile page
Once you access the Business Profile page, then it’s time to update it with the most complete and up-to-date information for your business. You will find a number of sections, each containing specific information about your business. Click on the links below to learn more about each section of your Business Profile:
- Home Tab: WHAT your business is all about
- Ideal Partner Profile : Where referrals and collaborations come from
- Ideal Customer Profile: WHO your business sells to
- Collaboration Ideas: HOW your business can collaborate and grow
- DBE Certifications: Unlock Opportunities While Promoting Diversity
Once you have completed your business profile, it’s important that you keep the information up-to-date.
Now, it’s time to start looking for partners to help you grow your business!